First visit? Register for an account .
Returning? Log in below.
SELECT A SCHEDULE
Undergraduate WRC (Fall 2023)
Graduate WRC (Fall 2023)
History Writing Center (Fall 2023)
WRC Finals Hours Fall 2023
Having trouble logging in? Reset your password .
Receiving unwanted texts? Remove your mobile number .
Looking for more information? View the announcements .
The A&S Writing Centers reopen for Fall 2023 semester on Monday, September 11.
You can begin making appointments on Saturday, September 9.
For more information about our services, explore our web pages:
- Writing Resources Center
- Graduate Writing Resources Center
- Clem History Writing Center
For general questions, contact Lori Jacobson at [email protected].
Welcome to WCONLINE, the scheduling tool for the A&S Writing Resources Centers.
- To get started, register for an account by clicking the link to the left.
- Once you are registered, choose a schedule and make an appointment.
For more information about each center, visit these web pages:
Writing Resources Center | Graduate Writing Resources Center | Clem History Writing Center
Reset Your Password
Having trouble logging in? Enter your email address below and then select "Reset Password."
Remove Your Number
Receiving unwanted text messages from this system? Fill out the form below to remove your number.
Remove Mobile Number
The Writing Resources Centers at W&M help you strengthen your writing and communication skills by providing resources, workshops, and one-on-one support for all kinds of assignments and projects that require writing: academic essays, presentations, storyboards, personal statements, creative writing, applications, and more. Our trained peer consultants can help you at any stage of the writing or communication process--from idea, to draft, to revision.
If this is your first visit to the WRC, be sure to read What to Expect .
Academic Resource Center (ARC) Research & Writing Resources
Overview of arc services.
- Inclusive/Bias Free Language
- Reflection Paper
- Discussion Board-OLP
- Clinical Case Formulation
- Cover Letter & Resume/CV
- How to Outline
- Leadership/Followership Case Study
- Sentence Structure and Grammar
- Finding Articles
- Storing Articles
- Organizing Articles
- Using Track Changes
- Grammarly App
- Formatting: DP Templates
- Resumes & Cover Letters
- Check Your Paper For Plagiarism
The Academic Resource Center (ARC) has several functions.
- The ARC offers research, writing, organizational and study skills support to students in all William James College programs.
- The ARC also assists students with documented disabilities to obtain reasonable accommodations which allow them access to the curriculum and the school environment.
To access arc tutoring: arc tutorial request form.
- To discuss disability accommodation email: [email protected]
- To review resumes and cover letters: Career Services
- To refer students to the ARC: Faculty R eferral to ARC
- WJC Writing Rubric for feedback to students
The research and writing resources in this guide are intended to help you with your academic projects. If you have suggestions for additional guides or improvements to these materials contact Joan Axelrod or Matt Kramer
- Next: APA Style >>
- Last Updated: Nov 8, 2023 11:53 AM
- URL: https://guides.williamjames.edu/ARC-Research_And_Writing_Resources
- A-Z directory
- Make a gift
- My TCU Email
- Search for:
PRINT OUR BROCHURE
- FORMATTING PAPERS IN APA
- COMMON REFERENCES IN APA
- APA STYLE GUIDE (7th edition) PowerPoint
- APA Style Central
- Background video on APA Style Central
- Schedule an APA Style tutorial
- FORMATTING PAPERS IN MLA
- COMMON REFERENCES IN MLA
- MLA STYLE GUIDE (9th edition) PowerPoint
- MLA Style Center
- MLA Handbook Online (9th edition) via Mary Couts Burnett Library
- Schedule an MLA Style tutorial
- FORMATTING PAPERS IN CHICAGO STYLE
- COMMON REFERENCES IN CHICAGO STYLE
- CHICAGO STYLE GUIDE (17TH edition)
- Chicago Manual of Style (CMOS) Online (17th edition) via Mary Couts Burnett Library
- Chicago Manual of Style YouTube channel
- Schedule a Chicago Style tutorial
- FORMATTING PAPERS IN AMA STYLE
- COMMON REFERENCES IN AMA STYLE
- AMA STYLE, 11th edition
- American Medical Association (AMA) Style websit e
- AMA Manual Online via Mary Couts Burnett Library
- Schedule an AMA Style tutorial
GENERAL WRITING RESOURCES
- Conciseness, Clarity, Correctness: Three Traits of Good Writing [ PDF ]
- Editing Tips [ PDF ]
- A Composing Process for Essay Writers [ PDF ]
- About Verbs [ PDF ]
- Glossary of Research Writing Term s [ PDF ]
- Plagiarism [ PDF ]
- Punctuating Compound Sentences [ PDF ]
- The Passive Voice [ PPT / PDF ]
- Transitions [ PDF ]
- Book and Film Reviews [ PDF ]
OTHER TCU RESOURCES
Mary Couts Burnett Library
TCU Center for Digital Expression
Student Access and Accommodation
Neely School Alcon Career Center
WRITING CENTER AND PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
International Writing Centers Association
South Central Writing Centers Association
North Texas Writing Centers Association
Conference on College Composition and Communication
National Council Teachers of English
Association of Writers and Writing Programs (AWP)
Go to Charlotte.edu
- About UNC Charlotte
- Campus Life
- Graduate Admissions
Faculty and Staff
- Human Resources
- Auxiliary Services
- Inside UNC Charlotte
- Academic Affairs
- Financial Aid
- Student Health
Alumni and Friends
- Alumni Association
- Make a Gift
Writing Resources Center
The Writing Resources Center is committed to supporting Charlotte’s linguistically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff.
Our consultants support writing growth by offering individualized feedback based on a writer’s strengths, goals, and interests. We offer one-to-one support through our face-to-face , video conferencing (synchronous) , and e-tutoring (asynchronous) session styles.
Our team includes undergraduate, graduate, and professional consultants who represent multiple disciplines, including English, WRDS, Psychology, Engineering, Data Science, Communications, Marketing, and History. They take a semester-long course about theories and practices of tutoring writing .
What our clients say about us
This was a fantastic experience. I am a novice academic writer but I received great support and awesome suggestions that were extremely helpful. I am so glad that I took the time to make an appointment. If I lived closer I would frequent the WRC more. It is a great space to think, free of distractions and really be able to write without constant interruptions. I would recommend this resource to anyone, especially graduate students who spend a lot of time writing -Karen I.
I highly recommend the WRC. I typically use e-tutoring due to my schedule as a peer review and each time I have found the WRC very helpful. I went to Aly countless times at the WRC and each time I received very high grades on each essay or writing assignment I had. -Becky W.
I love coming to the WRC. I have utilized this resource religiously as my programs are writing intensive. -Penda A.