Hairdresser Apprentice Cover Letter Sample
Learn more about Hairdresser Apprentice Cover Letter Example, Cover Letter Writing Tips, Cover Letter Formats and much more. Start editing this Hairdresser Apprentice Cover Letter Sample with our Online Cover Letter Builder.
Hairdresser Apprentice Cover Letter Templates
Hiring Managers expect information to appear in standard formats or close to it. Many companies and Job Portals use ATS (Applicant Tracking System), searches for keywords and don't recognize certain types of layouts, odd-shaped bullet points, columns, or creative fonts.
Why build with CV Owl?
ATS Compliant Templates
Templates designed in a way to pass any scanning test making sure your resume doesn't end up in the recruitment black hole.
AI Keyword Suggestion
Including keywords in your resume and cover letter increases your chances of landing a job interview. Get relevant keyword
Typos and spelling errors on your resume can quickly undermine your chances of getting the job. Luckily, we’ve got it covered for you..
Listing achievements is what differentiates the top candidates from the rest. Our builder allows you to highlight your skills with solid-proofs in the resume itself.
Build trust in employers with verification of roles / responsibilities / accomplishments from your previous reporting managers.
Give yourself an edge with a video resume with studies finding that visuals are processed 60,000x faster than text.
Get Resume Score with our AI-powered Resume Checker
Get your resume scanned for free by our AI powered resume checker. Get a Resume score based on criterias recruiters & employers are looking for. Get actionables to optimize your resume, improve your score & land more interviews. The aim of our service is to help you maximize the impact of your CV, achieve your career goals and assist you create an interview winning resume.
Our Customers Love Us
“It was a pleasure to host CV Owl at our college campus for an interactive session on Resume building. The students benefited greatly as the company discussed the essential features of a CV, the main points to be covered herein, the difference between a CV and Resume and the importance of being aware of this difference while applying for jobs.”
“The Training and Development Centre of JMC in collaboration with CV Owl successfully conducted a workshop on CV & Resume Building. The students found the CV portal (designed free of cost for JMC students) to be exceptionally helpful both for creating the CV as well as reviewing it.”
“We sincerely thank CV Owl and Mr. Ankur for delivering such amazing and informative webinar for our students and gave us chance to improve our CV's. In all, the session remained instrumental in giving the aspirants a proper direction to work for their dream jobs and career goals.”
“We thank CV Owl for organising CV Building Webinar and CV clinics. The entire team worked exceptionally hard to review students resume within 48 hrs. The entire process was carried out in a very smooth manner and helped students to identify their mistake in their CVs.”
Table of Contents
Best Hairdresser Apprentice Cover Letter
What is the Hairdresser Apprentice cover letter?
Why do Hairdresser Apprentice cover letters matter?
- Structure of the Product Manager cover letter
How to write a great Hairdresser Apprentice cover letter?
Hairdresser Apprentice Cover Letter Example Tips
Whenever a job seeker applies for a Hairdresser Apprentice role in a new company, he/she must signal their value through multiple mediums. While the Hairdresser Apprentice resume will be the most well-known part of the Hairdresser Apprentice job application, but, do consider the Hairdresser Apprentice cover letter equally important for landing a job. Writing a great Hairdresser Apprentice cover letter plays an important role in your job search journey.
Many employers no longer ask for cover letters these days, whereas, many employers still ask for cover letters from job seekers. And if you are sending an email to the recruiting team to apply, your email itself acts as a cover letter.
An engaging Hairdresser Apprentice cover letter can help you grab an employer's attention, which can lead to landing an interview for a job. Before creating a job-winning cover letter that really works for you, you need to know what content and format are to be used. Check out our perfect Hairdresser Apprentice cover letter example and start creating one for you on our easy to use cover letter builder.
When writing a Hairdresser Apprentice cover letter, always remember to refer to the requirements listed in the job description of the job you're applying for. Highlight your most relevant or exceptional qualifications to help employers see why you stand out from other candidates and are a perfect fit for the role.
CV Owl's Hairdresser Apprentice cover letter example will guide you to write a cover letter that best highlights your experience and qualifications. If you're ready to apply for your next role, upload your document on CV Owl for a review service to make sure it doesn't land in the trash.
Here we will discuss what a cover letter is, how to write a cover letter, why it matters for your job search, and what its structure should look like.
Must Read: How to Write a Cover Letter & Cover Letter Writing Tips explained
A cover letter is a narrative about who you are and why the recruiter should invest time in evaluating you, rather investing in other candidates. You need to showcase that you're the right fit for that specific job opening. It's important to always remember that the role of the cover letter is to share a narrative which is completely different from a resume for your job application.
Whereas, the Hairdresser Apprentice resume should highlight all your quantitative values where you need to prove your worth through concrete numbers. Your Hairdresser Apprentice cover letter should be different from your resume where you need to demonstrate a story about yourself in a way that your resume will never be able to do so. Alternatively, students who study web development can ask for Python assignment help at AssignmentCore whose experts handle various projects in Python language.
Your resume acts as a demo video for employers, which includes quick hits and stats on why you are the best solution whereas your cover letter acts like a customer testimonial white paper. Make it sound like an in-depth discussion with a couple of concrete and impactful experiences that bring you to life as a human being.
Check out professional cover letter templates at CV Owl's cover letter directory and you can use those templates for free for creating your Hairdresser Apprentice cover letter using our professional cover letter builder.
Must Read: How to Get Your Cover Letter Noticed by Employers
The cover letter is kind of a test for you. It tests to see whether you can craft a compelling narrative about yourself. By testing your cover letter writing abilities, the company is trying to assess whether or not you would be able to craft compelling narratives on behalf of that company in the future.
Many companies will let you optionally attach a cover letter along with your application. If you take this as a challenge for yourself and do so, it will showcase your firm commitment to the company, and allows you to tell a story about yourself as a leader and as a collaborator. A solid cover letter will leave a long-lasting impression in the recruiters mind and will help make you stand out from other candidates.
And here's the most important reason of all: the process involved is more important than the output. When you get into the cover letter writing process, you're compelled to figure out the story about yourself, and how you are the best solution for the company's pain.
You're advised to conduct pre-interview research about the company so that you know exactly what you're meant to tackle, and you know exactly how to position yourself throughout the interview. Once you've written your Hairdresser Apprentice cover letter, you'll have a mental reference point about how you want to talk about yourself across all of your interviews, and that's incredibly valuable!
Must Read: Things you need to know before start writing a Cover Letter
Structure of the Hairdresser Apprentice cover letter
The most effective and impact making cover letters consists of three core parts.
The first part is the introduction. The first paragraph should include the following key details: which company you're applying to, what role you're applying to, and a summary of how you will add value to the company.
Many cover letters fail to mention either the job title or the name of the company. This provides a clear indication to the employer that you're using the same cover letter for many companies, which further indicates that you aren't serious enough or you don't care enough about making a good impression. If this is the case, it's better to not write a cover letter at all! And, always make sure you're sending the right cover letter to the right company.
Most of the time, applicants take advantage of cover letter examples or cover letter samples , and forget to clean it up. You need to ensure that you've put in all the hard work in personalization of your cover letter - be professional!
It shouldn't really be about you - rather, it should be about how you're excited about what the company is doing, and about how you're the perfect fit to solve their needs. And if you feel that you can't directly address the job requirements on the company website, you may need to consider applying for a different role instead.
The second part is the narrative. The second paragraph includes your story where you tell about yourself, and where you showcase that your past experiences have made you capable enough to be the best suited candidate available for that specific position.
Use it to address questions that might come up in an interview, such as “what was your proudest moment”, “how did you overcome failure”, and “tell us about a time when you took an initiative from start to end successfully.”
Always remember to customize your cover letter to the specific employer and the specific role that you're applying for rather than using a standard one for all which lands in the bin.
Finally, the last part is the conclusion. In the last & closing paragraph, summarize what value addition you'll bring to the company and why you're the perfect fit for the specific role. Express your excitement about being a part of the team in the near future. Remind them that they should reach out to you to schedule an interview so that they can learn more about how you're the best person to solve their problems.
With a cover letter created with the above structure, you're definitely gonna leave a solid impression that will grab the attention of hiring managers which significantly increases your chances of getting a job interview.
Must Read: Tips for Customizing your Cover Letter
Before you write a single word of your cover letter, you must first prepare your thoughts and pen down on a blank paper.
Ask questions to yourself like: What are your strengths? Where do you stand as a Hairdresser Apprentice? Which of your work experiences is the best so far for the companies you've worked with?
Similarly, conduct research on the company . What is their product, their competitors, their mission, and what is their culture? What problem statement are they trying to solve with the Hairdresser Apprentice role that you're applying to?
So now you must be having 2 stories - one for you and the other of the company. Write down both the stories on a paper. Review your two stories and your pre-interview research, and use that to hammer out your introduction and your conclusion. !
Now bring the whole thing down to a single page eliminating all the unnecessary and unrequired stuff. When the hiring managers assess your cover letter or your resume, they do not evaluate you on the basis of your sum of your experiences but on the average of your experiences. Hence, try to eliminate or cut out every single irrelevant word you've put in as it's gonna bring down the averages of your experience.
One of the simple ways to make sure that your cover letter stands out from the numerous other candidates' cover letters is to personalize your cover letter which helps you grab the hiring manager's attention. Express your enthusiasm about the job showcasing why you're the perfect fit for that specific role and how excited you are to be the part of the team.
Make use of the job description to which you are applying for which will help you to write a cover letter that clearly demonstrates how your skills, experience, or background make you the best available candidate to be a Hairdresser Apprentice for the company. You should demonstrate exactly how much you are interested in the organization and the position, showing that you are able to meet the needs of the company.
Don't forget to learn about the organization. Take some time out to peruse the company's website and learn their values, mission, and then incorporate that information in your cover letter. Let the recruiters know how you came across this position and detail how your ideals are in line with the organization's goals and how your plans for your career can benefit their objectives.
Always make sure you only focus on the skills in the cover letter which the organisation demands and have highlighted in their job description. Specifically, the ones that are listed as being required separately, do not forget to put them in. Give a brief on these skills by offering concrete examples of how you are using or have used them with any success story(if any).
Proofreading & Iterating - Once you're finished writing your cover letter, edit your cover letter and ask for the feedback from your friend or of you have any consultant/mentor, and repeat this process until you and your reviewer agree and are satisfied that you are the best fit for the job from all other candidates that are applying. Learn to use grammarly .
Key points to remember - don't worry too much about the salutation or the greeting. It doesn't matter whether you use "dear sir or madam" or "dear hiring manager" or "to whomsoever it may concern" - the ultimate goal is to demonstrate that you're the stand out candidate out of everyone who's applying for that job posting. Just focus on the core value that you're bringing to the company! If you experience difficulty in composing your cover letter professionally, you can hire an essay writer at CustomWritings to have your cover letter or job application paper written from scratch.
Must Read: Things to remember while sending a Cover Letter
Even with a use of a cover letter sample or template, sometimes it can get even more trickier to make a perfect cover letter. Below listed are some tips to keep in mind when writing your Hairdresser Apprentice cover letter.
- Use a proper cover letter format (one-inch margins, line spacing of 1.15, and an 11pt or 12pt classic font).
- Always have an attractive yet professional cover letter header.
- Show you're the best for the position and explain why you want to be part of the company and the value you will bring.
- Always remember to provide your contact information (e.g. phone number and email address), and if possible add a link to your LinkedIn profile which brings more professionalism.
- Do not add or share other social media links such as Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook.
- Always proofread your cover letter before sharing with hiring managers. Double check for any typos or grammatical errors. Spell check is your best friend here! Use grammarly!
Make note of these key points and remember that you're selling yourself to not only the hiring manager but also the company.
Must Read: Avail Professional Cover Letter Writing Services
Your Hairdresser Apprentice cover letter is an opportunity for you to tell your story, without being stuck in the formatting constraints of the Hairdresser Apprentice resume. Make use of this chance and let the hiring managers know why you're the best fit for the role!
Start with an attention grabbing introduction, followed by your key narratives as you were answering an interview question . Make sure that your key narratives focus on the pain of the company and how you can take them out of it. Conclude with a conclusion summarizing your value proposition and expresses your excitement about the role.
Notice how your cover letter answers multiple Hairdresser Apprentice interview questions. It should answer the questions “tell me about yourself,” “what are your strengths”, “tell me about a time when you led an initiative”, and “tell me about a time when you overcame a challenge.” If you know how to write a good cover letter , you know how to crack a solid portion of the interview process too!
As you write more and more cover letters, you'll find that you've become better at positioning yourself as a product.
Our Best Articles
Resume writing tips, best resume formats, how to write a resume, best resume writing services, cover letter tips, tips for job interview, things to say in job interview, things you should not say in job interview, 55 mistakes you should avoid in a job interview, tell me about yourself, 7 ways to address cover letter, 3 things that will get your resume thrown into trash, 5 reasons to have good resume profile, sign in & get started.
Login & start where you left
Create your account
Signup & create your CV for free
Instructions will be sent to you.
Creative and self-driven design professional with 9+ years of experience creating and delivering elegant.
Hairdresser cover letter
This free sample cover letter for a hairdresser has an accompanying hairdresser sample resume and hairdresser sample job ad to help you put together a winning job application.
Rebekah Jones Stylish Hair 16 Trawl Street Launceston Tasmania 7000
Dear Ms Jones
Re: Hairdressing position Please accept my application for the role of full-time hairdresser as advertised recently on seek.com.au.
I have a Certificate IV in Hairdressing from Launceston TAFE and am currently completing a Diploma of Hairdressing Salon Management. I have over six years experience within the industry and my professional skills include hair care and styling, business operations, sales, training, cosmetics and color mixing. I have performed haircuts and styles on men, women and children.
I won the Launceston Hair and Flair Awards three times and was named NSW Hairdressing Apprentice of the Year in 2002. I was awarded second place in the Australia-wide Cutting Edge Competition in 2006 and have received two commendations in other years. For your interest I have included photos of the styles for which I have won awards.
I am creative, artistic, a quick thinker and ambitious with a strong work ethic and have exceptional interpersonal skills. I am excited at the prospect of joining the stylish hair team and believe my skills and attitude can make a significant contribution.
I look forward to meeting with you and discussing this opportunity further.
Subscribe to get this template for free!
Ready to find a new job.
popular career searches
- customer service resume sample australia
- cover letter for sales assistant no experience
- case manager cover letter no experience
- sample cover letter for accounts officer
- safety officer resume
Thanks for your enquiry
Good luck with your studies.
- Management Consultant
- Finance & Banking Professionals
- Project Manager
- Marketing Managers
- Real Estate Manager
- Sales Associates
- Architecture Services
- Software Engineers
- Hospitality Industry
- Medical Professional
- Digital Marketers
- AI Engineer
- Cyber Security Experts
- Visual Merchandiser
- Customer Service
- Business Analysts
- Energy Analyst
- Multimedia Designer
- Systems Engineer
- Legal Secretary
- Sports Agent
- CV Editing Service
- Success Stories
- Tier 2 Sponsor List
Hairdresser cover letter example.
If you are looking to be a hairdresser, most people start out doing a hairdressing course at college and perhaps getting real experience at a salon in their part-time. This course can also be done on a day release basis whereby the salon you work for supports you through your training.
You will be in contact with people constantly so you must be friendly and have excellent customer skills as well as have a willingness to learn and to change and keep learning new ways of doing things.
If you are looking for help with writing your CV, please see the below letter that you can use as a guide.
Cover Letter for Hairdresser
Application for the role of a Hairdresser
I have recently seen that you are advertising for a Hairdresser and I would be keen to apply.
I attend college where I am studying hairdressing and am looking for a new salon to continue with my training. I am at (detail what stage in your training you are at, if this is the case or what stage in your hairdressing career you are in).
I enjoy the role of Hairdressing as I like to make people feel good about themselves and have always been passionate and daring with my own hair changing colour and styles frequently. I understand that not everyone wants drastic changes but having your hair done makes you feel good so for that, it is worthwhile to me.
I feel that I am a confident communicator and good with customers and have had a great deal of experience in customer services through various roles in my earlier career. (Have you ever been praised on something particular related to customer service that you have provided that you could comment on here?).
I have enclosed my current CV for you to look at my experiences. If you would like some more information, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Thank you for taking the time to read my CV and letter and I look forward to hearing from you.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
- Recent Posts
- Top Websites to Find Sponsored Jobs in the UK - August 30, 2023
- Is It Illegal To Quit A Job Without Notice UK? Here Is The Answer - April 24, 2023
- How Does The Applicant Tracking Systems UK Work? - April 8, 2023
iCover help job seekers fulfil their job aspirations by setting realistic goals and perfect career choices. Our CV writing services shape the candidate’s future to get their dream job. We staff industry experts, always eager to boost your confidence to crack interviews.
Excellent 4.9 out of 5
Company Name – BESTWRITING LTD
File no – 14419413
Terms & Conditions
Birmingham Kent Coventry Nottingham Liverpool London York Portsmouth Bristol Edinburgh Southampton Newcastle
Cambridge Belfast Wolverhampton Livingston Aberdeen Sheffield Oxford Plymouth Cardiff Leeds Bath
24/7 Customer Support
128 city road, london, united kingdom, ec1v 2nx, +44 74764 69125.
Losing Out On Your Dream Job Due To A Poor CV?
Order a professional cv @ £40.
Write My CV Now!
You have Successfully Subscribed!
- Career Advice
- Cover Letters
Hair Stylist Cover Letter
As a hair stylist , your cover letter should grab the recruiter's attention and highlight your most relevant or exceptional qualifications. Your cover letter should also show off your personality and what makes you a great hair stylist. Use our guide to write a great cover letter that will land you an interview.
Hair Stylist Cover Letter Template:
This template in Microsoft Word format can be quickly and easily adjusted for a great hair stylist cover letter.
[Date] [Name of Company You're Applying To] Application for the position of hair stylist.
To [Ms./Mr. Last Name] ,
I was thrilled when I saw the position for a hair stylist at your salon [in/on Location] . I have had a passion for styling hair for as long as I can remember and, having earned my certification, I’m ready to bring my passion to life! With my skills, enthusiasm, and motivation, I believe I would be a valuable addition to your salon team.
I earned my [Name of Certification or Degree] from [Name of Academy or School] and I excelled in my classes on [List Styling Classes] , in particular. I pride myself on my [Skill #1] as well as my [Skill #2] and [Skill #3] abilities. My excellent communication skills, positive attitude, and willingness to assist colleagues wherever possible, make me an easy person to work with.
In your job description, I noted that you are looking for a stylist who can also market and sell your popular brand of hair care products. I worked my way through my [Name of Certification or Degree] as a [Sales Title] at [Company Name] , where I succeeded in [Quantifiable Result] .
As someone who is motivated to improve their skills and learn from the best, I’m excited at the prospect of working at such an established salon. I’ve attached my resume with further details regarding my skills, experience, and qualifications. I would love to discuss how I can make a positive contribution to your salon in greater detail. Please feel free to contact me on [Contact Number] or at [Email Address] .
Thank you for your time and consideration. Sincerely, [Your Name]
How to Write a Hair Stylist Cover Letter:
A complete guide that highlights the steps you need to take to build a professional hair stylist cover letter.
Create a hair stylist cover letter.
Address your letter to a specific person..
When applying for a hair stylist position, do some research and find the name of the hiring manager or recruiter and address your letter directly to that person. Acceptable forms of address include "Mr." or "Ms." followed by the person's last name, or full name.
Briefly introduce your purpose for writing.
Start your introduction with a brief introduction of what position you are applying for and where you saw the job advertisement. Also, try to include an intriguing hook to grab the recruiter's attention.
Emphasize specific hair care techniques that you excel at.
In the second paragraph of your letter, emphasize any hair care techniques or styling specialties that you have, and explain how you mastered them. Reference your resume, as well as your work history, but don't repeat the information that can be found there.
Show your customer service and sales abilities.
Hair products are often a strong source of revenue for hair salons, so flaunt any ability to increase sales in your cover letter. Again, use examples from your resume to demonstrate your sales ability. Including some statistics of your sales achievements will also help your cover letter to stand out from the competition.
Show your creativity but keep to the point.
As a hair stylist, you should have strong creative skills. The rules for hair stylist cover letters are not very strict, so jazz it up a bit and show your creativity while you are writing. However, try to keep your cover letter to the point without flowery embellishments.
Include a call to action.
In your last paragraph, sum up your qualifications and why you think you'd be a good fit for the hair stylist position. A nice touch would be to demonstrate your knowledge of the salon itself and why you think you'd be an asset to their business. Then, invite the recruiter to contact you via email or phone.
Thank the recruiter.
Sign off your letter by thanking the recruiter for their time. Include an appropriate sign off, such as "sincerely," and end with your full name.
How do I write a hair stylist cover letter?
- Address your letter to a specific person .
- Briefly introduce your purpose for writing .
- Emphasize specific hair care techniques that you excel at .
- Show your customer service and sales abilities .
- Show your creativity but keep to the point .
- Include a call to action .
- Thank the recruiter .
What should I include in my hair stylist cover letter?
When writing a cover letter for a hair stylist position , you should emphasize any hair care techniques or styling specialties that you have, and explain how you mastered them. You should also show your motivation, enthusiasm, and passion for the work while playing up your qualifications and customer service and sales abilities.
What should I write in my cover letter for an entry-level hair stylist position?
If you do not have work experience as a hair stylist, you should play up your qualifications, any techniques you are particularly skilled in, and how you mastered those skills in your cover letter .
Common cover letter mistakes, cv vs. resume, hair stylist job description, hair stylist interview questions, job application follow-up email.
- Write for us
- Personal Development Planning
- Wealth Building
- Debt Recovery
- Positive thinking
- Personal Development Books
- Change Your Life in 30 Days
- Life Coaching
- Law Of Attraction
- CBD / Medical Cannabis
- Sleep Advice
- Weight Loss
- Job search by country
- Interview Techniques
- Sample Cover Letters
- Higher Education
- Careers Advice For Teens
- Military Career
- Team Building Directory
- Free Team Building Activities
- Equality & Diversity
Sample Hairdresser Cover Letter Example
Posted by admin | Mar 18, 2018 | Sample Cover Letters , Cover Letters | 0 |
If you are applying for a Hairdresser, Junior Hairdresser or Trainee Hairdresser position you should make sure that you enclose a well written cover letter with your Hairdresser CV or resume. A great way of knowing what to include in your hairdresser cover letter is to read and analyse the job advert you are replying to. Most advertised vacancies will include a job description and person specification. Make sure that you read these; that you have the skills required and that you clearly highlight them in either your cover letter or your Hairdresser CV / resume.
If you are sending out a speculative cover letter , find out as much as you can about the company. This can give you insight into what you can include in your cover letter.
What should your Hairdresser cover letter contain?
The point of a cover letter is to introduce yourself and to get the reader to look at your CV or resume. A good cover letter should grab the reader’s attention by highlighting your skills, qualities, experience and suitability for the job in 3 or 4 paragraphs. It should make the reader interested enough to read your CV / resume for more details.
As a hairdresser you should be sociable, creative, a good communicator and able to work in a busy environment so your hairdresser cover letter should give examples of:
- Experience and qualifications
- Your communication and people skills
- Examples of your creativity and flair
- Knowledge of the industry and knowledge of latest practices
- Knowledge of Health & Safety
Make sure your cover letter enhances your Hairdresser CV / resume by keeping it relevant and to the point. Check it yourself, then get someone you trust to check it again for spelling and grammar.
Free sample cover letter for a Hairdresser, Junior Hairdresser or Trainee Hairdresser role
Tel: 0208 888888 Mobile: 077 777777
E-mail: [email protected]
Snippit and See Salon
1 Any Street
Dear Ms Scissorhands
Vacant Post of Junior Hairdresser
I wish to apply for the position of Junior Hairdresser as advertised in the Anytown Gazette and on The Personal Development Cafe website.
As you can see from my enclosed CV, I have recently completed my Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Hairdressing for which I gained a Level 2 Diploma.
A requirement of the apprenticeship was to undertake work in a salon. I successfully found my own placement with my local branch of Snippit and See where I was trained by members of your company. Working with Snippit and See was really enjoyable and has further inspired me to pursue my goal of a successful career in the hair and beauty industry.
Having read the job description and person specification supplied, I am confident that I fill all the criteria required in that I:
- Have successfully completed my apprenticeship and hold a Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing
- Have experience of cutting, washing and setting hair.
- Am a good communicator, both written and verbal.
- Enjoy working in a busy environment and am a good team and independent worker
- Aware of Health & Safety and equality and diversity.
I am a very creative person with a passion for making a successful career in hairdressing, and having experienced working in a Snippit And See salon, am convinced that I can further my skills and make a positive contribution to your team if given the opportunity.
If you require any more information I would be happy to provide it and can be contacted either by telephone on the numbers on my CV or by email [email protected].
I am available for interviews at your convenience and hope to hear from you soon.
Once you have constructed a great Hairdresser CV covering letter that will impress, you can search for a job in your country or overseas , find the latest hairdressing jobs and start applying instantly by uploading your CV / resume online .
Before you send out your Hairdresser cover letter, please remember how important it is to check for grammar and punctuation. Sometimes a word transposed or omitted can have a devastating effect. Just look at some of the worst CV mistakes for examples of bad grammar and punctuation.
If you are looking for other great example cover letters in your field to introduce your CV/resume to a prospective employer then go to our sample CV cover letters section to find:
Sample cover letter for Admin Assistant
Sample cover letter NLP
Sample cover letter for Project Manager
Sample cover letter for Social Worker
Sample cover letter for a Warehouse Operative / Assistant
If you have any questions, comments, need help writing a Hairdresser CV or resume or would like further information on how to write a CV or resume , use our comment form below and we will gladly try and get the advice and guidance that you need.
Leave a reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed .
Sample Chef / Catering cover letter
February 24, 2017
Effective Sample Personal Trainer Cover Letter
March 22, 2017
Sample Live in Carer Cover Letter
July 23, 2017
Ten Points about CV Cover Letters That Work
May 11, 2018
Search for jobs by country.
Law of Attraction
Pin it on pinterest.
Hairdresser Cover Letter Example (Free Guide)
Create an hairdresser cover letter that lands you the interview with our free examples and writing tips. use and customize our template and land an interview today..
Are you looking for a job as a hairdresser? The job market can be competitive, so making sure your cover letter stands out is essential. Our Hairdresser Cover Letter Guide will provide you with the knowledge and advice you need to write a winning cover letter and land that job.
We will cover:
- How to write a cover letter, no matter your industry or job title.
- What to put on a cover letter to stand out.
- The top skills employers from every industry want to see.
- How to build a cover letter fast with our professional Cover Letter Builder .
- What a cover letter template is, and why you should use it.
Related Cover Letter Examples
- Fashion Consultant Cover Letter Sample
- Fashion Stylist Cover Letter Sample
Hairdresser Cover Letter Sample
- Manicurist Cover Letter Sample
- Nail Technician Cover Letter Sample
- Salon Receptionist Cover Letter Sample
- Spa Coordinator Cover Letter Sample
- Spa Receptionist Cover Letter Sample
- Front Desk Representative Cover Letter Sample
- Clerk Cover Letter Sample
- Gas Attendant Cover Letter Sample
- Gas Station Cashier Cover Letter Sample
- Dog Walker Cover Letter Sample
- Dental Receptionist Cover Letter Sample
Dear Hiring Manager,
I am writing to express my interest in the Hairdresser position at [Hair Salon Name]. As a highly skilled and experienced hairdresser, I am confident I will make a positive contribution to your salon.
I have over seven years of experience in the hair and beauty industry. During this time, I developed a broad range of skills and knowledge related to cutting, styling, coloring, and perming hair. I also have extensive experience with customer service and am well-versed in the latest trends and styles in the beauty industry.
My most recent position as a Hairdresser at [Previous Salon Name] demonstrates my ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to manage multiple clients. I have a proven track record of providing exceptional customer service while producing high-quality results. I am highly organized and able to work independently or as part of a team.
I am confident that I can bring my enthusiasm and skill set to your salon. I am passionate about providing outstanding customer service and creating looks that will make your clients feel confident and beautiful. I am also committed to continuing my education and keeping up with the latest techniques and trends.
I am excited about the prospect of working with your team and look forward to discussing my qualifications further. I have included my resume for your review and am available for an interview at your convenience.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Sincerely, [Your Name]
Why Do you Need a Hairdresser Cover Letter?
A Hairdresser cover letter is an important part of any job application, and it is essential to include one in order to stand out from the competition. Here are a few reasons why you need a Hairdresser cover letter:
- To introduce yourself to the hiring manager and demonstrate your enthusiasm for the position.
- To highlight your relevant skills and experience that make you the perfect candidate for the job.
- To show that you are knowledgeable about the hair styling industry and the specific salon you are applying to.
- To highlight any special qualifications or certifications that you possess.
- To showcase your excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- To provide additional information that may not be included in your resume.
- To demonstrate your professionalism and commitment to the job.
A Few Important Rules To Keep In Mind
- Start off your cover letter by introducing yourself and specifying the job you are applying for
- Highlight your skills and qualifications that make you an ideal candidate for the position
- Provide examples of your previous work experience and accomplishments in the field of hairdressing
- Explain why you are passionate about the job and what you can bring to the company
- Close the letter with a call to action, such as requesting an interview
What's The Best Structure For Hairdresser Cover Letters?
After creating an impressive Hairdresser resume , the next step is crafting a compelling cover letter to accompany your job applications. It's essential to remember that your cover letter should maintain a formal tone and follow a recommended structure. But what exactly does this structure entail, and what key elements should be included in a Hairdresser cover letter? Let's explore the guidelines and components that will make your cover letter stand out.
Key Components For Hairdresser Cover Letters:
- Your contact information, including the date of writing
- The recipient's details, such as the company's name and the name of the addressee
- A professional greeting or salutation, like "Dear Mr. Levi,"
- An attention-grabbing opening statement to captivate the reader's interest
- A concise paragraph explaining why you are an excellent fit for the role
- Another paragraph highlighting why the position aligns with your career goals and aspirations
- A closing statement that reinforces your enthusiasm and suitability for the role
- A complimentary closing, such as "Regards" or "Sincerely," followed by your name
- An optional postscript (P.S.) to add a brief, impactful note or mention any additional relevant information.
Cover Letter Header
A header in a cover letter should typically include the following information:
- Your Full Name: Begin with your first and last name, written in a clear and legible format.
- Contact Information: Include your phone number, email address, and optionally, your mailing address. Providing multiple methods of contact ensures that the hiring manager can reach you easily.
- Date: Add the date on which you are writing the cover letter. This helps establish the timeline of your application.
It's important to place the header at the top of the cover letter, aligning it to the left or center of the page. This ensures that the reader can quickly identify your contact details and know when the cover letter was written.
Cover Letter Greeting / Salutation
A greeting in a cover letter should contain the following elements:
- Personalized Salutation: Address the hiring manager or the specific recipient of the cover letter by their name. If the name is not mentioned in the job posting or you are unsure about the recipient's name, it's acceptable to use a general salutation such as "Dear Hiring Manager" or "Dear [Company Name] Recruiting Team."
- Professional Tone: Maintain a formal and respectful tone throughout the greeting. Avoid using overly casual language or informal expressions.
- Correct Spelling and Title: Double-check the spelling of the recipient's name and ensure that you use the appropriate title (e.g., Mr., Ms., Dr., or Professor) if applicable. This shows attention to detail and professionalism.
For example, a suitable greeting could be "Dear Ms. Johnson," or "Dear Hiring Manager," depending on the information available. It's important to tailor the greeting to the specific recipient to create a personalized and professional tone for your cover letter.
Cover Letter Introduction
An introduction for a cover letter should capture the reader's attention and provide a brief overview of your background and interest in the position. Here's how an effective introduction should look:
- Opening Statement: Start with a strong opening sentence that immediately grabs the reader's attention. Consider mentioning your enthusiasm for the job opportunity or any specific aspect of the company or organization that sparked your interest.
- Brief Introduction: Provide a concise introduction of yourself and mention the specific position you are applying for. Include any relevant background information, such as your current role, educational background, or notable achievements that are directly related to the position.
- Connection to the Company: Demonstrate your knowledge of the company or organization and establish a connection between your skills and experiences with their mission, values, or industry. Showcasing your understanding and alignment with their goals helps to emphasize your fit for the role.
- Engaging Hook: Consider including a compelling sentence or two that highlights your unique selling points or key qualifications that make you stand out from other candidates. This can be a specific accomplishment, a relevant skill, or an experience that demonstrates your value as a potential employee.
- Transition to the Body: Conclude the introduction by smoothly transitioning to the main body of the cover letter, where you will provide more detailed information about your qualifications, experiences, and how they align with the requirements of the position.
By following these guidelines, your cover letter introduction will make a strong first impression and set the stage for the rest of your application.
Cover Letter Body
As a highly skilled Hairdresser, I read your posting for a new Hairdresser with interest. My experience aligns well with the qualifications you are seeking at Jeff’s Hair Salon, in particular my role as a Hairdresser at Bambou Salon, and I am certain I would make a valuable addition to your team.
With over 8 years of experience in the field, I am adept in hair styling and coloring, cutting, and chemical treatments. Moreover, while my on-the-job experience has afforded me a well-rounded skill set, including first-rate customer service and time management skills, I excel at:
- Hair Styling: Creating desired looks for customers through styling and coloring.
- Consultation: Educating customers on hair styling services and products, recommending treatments and cuts.
- Customer Service: Serving customers and providing them with a satisfying experience.
- Teamwork: Collaborating with other hairdressers and salon staff to achieve organizational objectives.
I am also well-versed in the use of salon equipment and tools, including flat irons, curlers, and blow dryers. I am confident that I can use my skills and experience to help Jeff’s Hair Salon exceed customer expectations and achieve its goals.
I am excited to discuss how my qualifications uniquely match the Hairdresser role at Jeff’s Hair Salon. Please contact me to arrange a meeting at your earliest convenience.
Sincerely, John Doe
The conclusion and signature of a cover letter provide a final opportunity to leave a positive impression and invite further action. Here's how the conclusion and signature of a cover letter should look:
- Summary of Interest: In the conclusion paragraph, summarize your interest in the position and reiterate your enthusiasm for the opportunity to contribute to the organization or school. Emphasize the value you can bring to the role and briefly mention your key qualifications or unique selling points.
- Appreciation and Gratitude: Express appreciation for the reader's time and consideration in reviewing your application. Thank them for the opportunity to be considered for the position and acknowledge any additional materials or documents you have included, such as references or a portfolio.
- Call to Action: Conclude the cover letter with a clear call to action. Indicate your availability for an interview or express your interest in discussing the opportunity further. Encourage the reader to contact you to schedule a meeting or provide any additional information they may require.
- Complimentary Closing: Choose a professional and appropriate complimentary closing to end your cover letter, such as "Sincerely," "Best Regards," or "Thank you." Ensure the closing reflects the overall tone and formality of the letter.
- Signature: Below the complimentary closing, leave space for your handwritten signature. Sign your name in ink using a legible and professional style. If you are submitting a digital or typed cover letter, you can simply type your full name.
- Typed Name: Beneath your signature, type your full name in a clear and readable font. This allows for easy identification and ensures clarity in case the handwritten signature is not clear.
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Writing a Hairdresser Cover Letter
When crafting a cover letter, it's essential to present yourself in the best possible light to potential employers. However, there are common mistakes that can hinder your chances of making a strong impression. By being aware of these pitfalls and avoiding them, you can ensure that your cover letter effectively highlights your qualifications and stands out from the competition. In this article, we will explore some of the most common mistakes to avoid when writing a cover letter, providing you with valuable insights and practical tips to help you create a compelling and impactful introduction that captures the attention of hiring managers. Whether you're a seasoned professional or just starting your career journey, understanding these mistakes will greatly enhance your chances of success in the job application process. So, let's dive in and discover how to steer clear of these common missteps and create a standout cover letter that gets you noticed by potential employers.
- Not including a professional greeting.
- Not including your contact information in the letter.
- Failing to personalize the letter to the specific hairdresser job.
- Rambling on about irrelevant experiences and qualifications.
- Using generic language that could be used for any other industry.
- Using informal language or slang.
- Using too much jargon or technical language.
- Not proofreading for spelling and grammar errors.
- Not including a call to action to encourage further communication.
- Not following the employer’s instructions for submitting the letter.
Key Takeaways For a Hairdresser Cover Letter
- Highlight your experience and qualifications in hairdressing
- Mention any specialties or unique skills you possess
- Demonstrate your knowledge of current trends and techniques
- Showcase your passion and enthusiasm for the job
- Highlight your ability to work professionally with clients
- Emphasize your commitment to excellent customer service
- Discuss any relevant certifications or awards you have earned
- Explain why you are the best fit for the position